After a short vacation in Austria, I started with cleaning up the Bulkhead parts for priming.
This mainly consists of deburring, scuffing (with Scotch Brite pads), sanding the edges and degreasing.
There are a lot of parts to prepare and prime, so it took an entire day to do all the work.
It’s not only the Bulkhead parts, but also the J-channels (stringers) and the Longerons we bend previously.
After priming, I started by assembling the first Bulkhead of the tail cone.
Again using the squeezer wherever possible.
Almost done, however some parts should NOT be riveted at this time, as it seriously complicates assembly. The plans are clear so no worries.
Time: 5 Hours, Rivets: 0/0 (2019-08-11)
Time: 2 Hours, Rivets: 21/0 (2019-08-17)